How was your weekend? For Chris’s super low key birthday, we went to Kuma’s Corner and I got him Sunday Ticket…for those of you who haven’t read this post, Chris LOVES football, specifically the Patriots (don’t hate us!)
Today for Tia Talks, I wanted to talk about superstitions – are you superstitious? What are you superstitious about?
In general, I don’t consider myself particularly superstitious, but when I started thinking about it for this post, there actually are a few things I’m superstitious about. Maybe I picked this up from my parents? (They’re pretty superstitious). When I was a kid, we adopted a gray cat. My parents were worried she was “unlucky,” because “a gray cat is close to a black cat.”
1. I always wear a piece of jewelry that Chris got me – at all times. I’m convinced it “protects” me. And us. Before we got engaged, I wore a watch that Chris got me nonstop, including in the shower and to sleep. Now that we’re married, I guess it’s easier because I wear my engagement ring/wedding band or a plain band that Chris got me all the time.
2. I’m wary of the month September – I feel like bad things that have happened to me overwhelmingly in September…which is coming up…uh oh!
3. I always say “knock on wood” or “not to jinx myself, but…” Just in case it helps. I also try to avoid opening umbrellas indoors. And I get a little nervous about Friday the 13th.
4. I’ve always had a pair of “lucky underwear” that I wear if I have something important going on that day. Obviously, the pairs have changed over the years – it’s really just my favorite pair of underwear at the time, haha.
5. When I fly, during landing and takeoff, I always think about family/friends and things I love/care about…I don’t know if I think that’ll prevent accidents from happening?
What about you? Do you outgrow superstitions or add new ones?